The purpose of this proposal is to adopt Commonwealth as the governance forum and voting interface for the Frax community. Commonwealth offers a fully crypto-native forum, voting interface (polls, Snapshot, and on-chain governance), and chat all in one product. Commonwealth is free to use and will soon be fully-decentralized.
Commonwealth is an all-in-one platform for decentralized communities to run themselves. We eliminate the need for multiple governance products / DAO tools. We offer fully crypto native discussion, chat, polling, onchain governance, Snapshot support, and member analytics / profiles. We power over 700+ DAOs including dYdX, Redacted Cartel, Axie Infinity, Osmosis, Stargate, Element Finance, Spiritswap, and soon Olympus. Commonwealth has raised $23.2M from Dragonfly, Parafi, Polychain, Framework, Hashed, Nascent, Spark, Balaji, Stani, and others.
To migrate the current Frax forum to Commonwealth and integrate your Snapshot / governance.
Currently the Frax governance community is highly fragmented (Telegram, Discord, Discourse, Snapshot, on-chain voting) and has little transparency into the discussion / voting activity.
- Create a new account for Discourse with an email (non-sybil resistant, non-spam resistant)
- Create other web2 accounts (Telegram, Discord)
- Missing the link between forum discussions, chat, and voting
- Need to now use 3-5 platforms for every DAO a member is a part of
Integrating Commonwealth is incredibly easy, the user journey would look like this:
- Import the Frax Discourse to Commonwealth (maintains all content and profiles)
- Link Frax governance and Snapshot (creates bidirectional governance interfaces)
- Community owned and run
For users, using Commonwealth is simple:
- Link your wallet via Metamask or Wallet Connect
- Join the Frax forum
- Link the same email you used for Discourse to claim your old account
- Begin discussing, chatting, creating proposals, and voting in one space for all of your communities
To summarize, below are the key benefits for the end users:
- Simplified user journey to interact with the Frax community
- Totally free to use
- Fully crypto native experience
- In-app crowdfunding (soon)
- DAO tool app store (soon)
Dillon Chen - Founder / CEO - prev. VC at General Catalyst & Dorm Room Fund, founder at Source Wifi
George Beall - Head of Business - prev. cofounder of Everipedia, growth at Walmart eCommerce
Jake Naviasky - Head of Engineering - prev. Bloomberg, Carnegie Mellon
Zak Hap - Head of Product - prev. DeFi founder, Columbia
Aden Bailey - Head of Design - prev. Cooper Union design professor
- 12 others!
Migrate Discourse forum to Commonwealth
Adopt Commonwealth platform moving forward
Frax Community: https://commonwealth.im/frax