[FIP - 96] FRAX-SDL Fraxswap Gauge

Author
Sam Kazemian

Summary
Deploy a FRAX-SDL Fraxswap gauge to the gauge controller.

Background and Motivation
Saddle.finance is a solidity implementation stableswap DEX similar to Curve. Saddle has launched many of their base pools with FRAX included as the stablecoin. They have also launched a Saddle version of FRAXBP on their Ethereum pools with plans to expand this offering. FRAX has also deployed a significant amount of POL to these pools to earn SDL and become the base routing liquidity+lock veSDL.

Currently Saddle has only an ETH-SDL Sushiswap pool for their governance token. It would be a great idea to deploy a FRAX-SDL Fraxswap pool+gauge for Saddle to capture a majority of the SDL trading and allow Saddle to create pitch/bribe incentives for gauge voters.

PROPOSAL

For: Deploy a FRAX-SDL Fraxswap gauge to the gauge controller.

Against: Do nothing

6 Likes

More bribers the merrier

5 Likes

Love to see it! Gigabrains in action…! Let’s go $FRAX $FXS $SDL!

1 Like

This proposal is up for voting here: Snapshot

1 Like

Greetings Frax!

Just wondering if you know/could share an update on this one?

I see that 95% of all voting addresses were “For” and also the results pretty strongly “For”…but I am wondering / looking to confirm quorum was reached as well…? It is a bit confusing on Snapshot as it only shows one number… but here is what I see in the GraphQL Query:

Cheers!

Weston

Hey 0xWeston
the actual number for quorum is 7,178,378 , and the total vote is (7,138,976 + 2,301) 7,141,277 so this proposal did not pass the quorum.

1 Like

Got it. Thank you for the clarification! :pray:

The Saddle team has requested we put this proposal to another snapshot vote seeing as how quorum was missed by only a few FXS votes in total with 99%+ yes votes.

In line with this, I think the community should also propose a general rule update to our normal governance process that allows revotes of FIPs 1 time on request of either the FIP author or project team. This allows for revotes of FIPs that have not hit quorum 1 time but prevents revote spam requests that never have a chance of hitting quorum.

For this specific FIP-96, both FRAX and Saddle team propose a revote of this FIP once more to attempt to reach quorum. If quorum is not reached, this FIP should permanently fail.

2 Likes

seems like the saddle team could have pushed this over the line with a bribe or buying up some voting power.