Frax.Pro Website

tldr 3 months of work for $40,000 (of fxs) to complete www.frax.pro website + add global dashboard (cross-chain analytics).

Happy new year fraximalists!

Last October i got started on www.frax.pro with the aim of building out a website that showcases the awesomeness of frax. I’ve been limited with time in the last 2 months and unfortunately, it’s still incomplete :frowning:

I’d love to commit my time and finish this off. My proposal is for a grant that lets me

1 - Finish frax.pro website in English & Chinese (So it can be go-to destination for someone to learn about Frax)

2 - Build a global dashboard where analytics are provided cross chain.

I’ll get this done within the next 3 months and i’m looking for a grant of $40,000 (paid in fxs).

I’m also interested in doing more work for the community beyond the scope of this project after the 3 months. I’d like to showcase my value with this bit of work.

1 Like

Idea is interesting :+1: but why not to talk with webmaster and integrate that pro page into frax community page what you can manage here and develop further?
I see more value in integration and it would be seen by more people.

3 Likes

By integrate with frax community, do you mean with the frax.finance site?

I would like that as well! The more eyes the better.

yes. propose to them.

@samkazemian @jasonhuan thoughts?

Would you be supportive of this proposal to further the work of frax.pro and give it more visibility by linking/directing it from frax’s main site?

I’d love to cooperate as well. community.frax.finance has been up for a while but needs some love to provide real utility to Frax. I have some great dashboard designs that still need to be implemented. And I’m currently working on a personal staking dashboard.

1 Like

I think this is a good proposal+idea. I would like to figure out a way for you to make this in some way profitable and interesting for you other than a 1 time grant if possible, any ideas? I don’t think charging for UI is a sustainable business strategy (which was my first idea) but it would be really cool for this to become one of the first non-core-team run front ends. We need more decentralization in Frax portals. So far the main ways to interact with FRAX is app.frax.finance, zapper, & debank. The more independent community run front ends we get the better, especially if they are profitable for maintainers in addition to earning FXS grants.

2 Likes

Perhaps some time filtering component of the global dashboard could be monetized (full history / realtime / etc), but i’d rather build the UI/dashboard to be fully accessible to anyone in the FRAX community. I wouldn’t want to restrict views on tools that can expand the ecosystem.

Another thing i’d be interested to work on - a frax.js sdk for devs to use FRAX/FPI for checkout/payments (stripe on top of FRAX protocol). My instincts are that this is still too early, but maybe not and this would have a small take rate for monetization.

https://twitter.com/bchesky/status/1478553642357559296 :eyes: