[FIP - 102] Authorization for revotes of FIPs

Author

Nader Ghazvini

Summary

Authorization for revotes of FIPs that have not hit quorum 1 time but met 90% of quorum.

Background and Motivation

Snapshot Voting for FIP-96 ended on Jul 19, 2022, with not hitting the quorum by only missing 0.6% of the quorum. This event made us realize that our normal governance process does not have any rule for giving a second chance to a proposal.

This proposal suggests allowing revotes of FIPs that have not hit quorum 1 time but met 90% of quorum. And revotes can happen at the request of either the FIP author or project team.

PROPOSAL

• For: Authorization for revotes of FIPs that have not hit quorum 1 time but met 90% of quorum.

• Against: Do nothing

This proposal is up for voting here: Snapshot

What is the rationale for putting up a separate/unique proposal to allow close but failed quorum votes to be re-proposed? Why not just go ahead and re-propose the failed one?

2 Likes

In this proposal, we only want to give a second chance to proposals that have missed the quorum by a low amount of votes, which has happened in FIP-96. I agree that there are two other cases which we can have a revoting for:

1. Proposals that missed the quorum by more than 10% of quorum size:

I think proposals that are in this group can be spam, and we should make sure that we don’t defeat the purpose of quorum by revoting for them.

1. Proposals that hit the quorum but didn’t pass.

I think revoting for this group can be redundant and defeat the purpose of voting if revoting happens right after the last voting. but maybe we can have a pause period (e.g. six months) for revoting for them in case the community or author insists that the proposal is beneficial for Frax Finance.

Please feel free to post your proposal for any of these cases, and we can discuss them separately.